- Lasers have played an integral part in the evolution of practice of oral and maxillo-facial surgery as the procedures can be executed efficiently with less complication.
- There are many advantages such as :-
- Maintenance of sterile condition.
- Precise and accurate
- Decreased post-operative swelling
- Improved tissue scarring and healing
- More accessible
- Less instruments needed
- Less pain
- Less cost, staff and time
Various types of surgeries in which laser is used effectively:-
- Laser in Implant (Peri-implantitis)
Laser makes it possible to remove diseased tissue around a dental implant without causing any significant harm to the healthy tissue. It is gentle, reducing inflammation and discomfort while encouraging new bone growth to reinforce and save your implant.
- Cosmetic facial Laser surgery
Laser is used to treat facial lesions and skin wrinkles by removing the surface layer of skin allowing the underlying skin to re-epithilialize in a uniform manner. E.g. tissue tags, epidermal nevi, lentigines, superficial pigmentation, skin wrinkles, scar revision, melisma etc.
‘Laser’ in routine dentistry
- Frenectomy and Ankyloglossia
- Laser assisted Biopsy
To find out more about Laser dentistry , please call Dr. Sachdeva’s Dental Institute in Delhi, India at 01142464041.