- What should I do if I broke my tooth?
If you have the fractured tooth fragment with you intact, store it in milk or saliva.
Contact your dentist immediately. The dentist can better determine whether the fractured tooth should be monitored, treated or removed.
- What are the treatment options to fix a broken tooth on same day?
- Teeth or tooth having minor fractures which involve the enamel (hard outer covering of a tooth) can be fixed by bonding the fragments of the tooth or with composite restoration of broken surface.
- Teeth having larger fractures involving enamel and dentin (hard tissue beneath the enamel), are sometimes treated with definitive restoration. As the damage is more, generally crown will be required to compensate the damage.
- When the pulp of the tooth becomes exposed, root canal treatment is the treatment of choice, followed by a crown to cover the damaged tooth. For children where the root formation is not complete, it is very crucial to preserve the vitality of the pulp to maintain the physiological formation of root.
- How long does this treatment take?
- Composite fillings/ Tooth color fillings are generally done in one session.
- If a root canal treatment is to be done, it can often be performed in one or two visit.
- Crowns generally take two visits to the dentist.
- Will I be able to follow my routine like speaking and eating? How long the results take?
The removal or elimination of the irritant factor and reestablishment of the function and esthetic of the tooth/teeth is the main aim of dental treatment.
The dental fillings are generally done to restore the lost structure of the tooth to aid in the function. It is advisable to avoid food that may cause damage to your teeth. Maintaining oral hygiene also plays an important role in managing the result of the treatment for a long time.
- Will the procedure require anesthesia?
Small fillings or bonding the tooth with adjacent teeth does not require anesthesia. If the treatment plan involves restoring the tooth by Root Canal Treatment, it will be done under local anesthesia.
The mail goal is to perform the treatment without discomfort or pain to the patient.
- For more information, you can book an appointment at Dr Sachdeva Dental Aesthetic And Implant Center, I 101, Ashok Vihar Phase 1, Delhi- 110052
Contact us at
- Phone : +919818894041,01142464041
- Our Websites:
- Google+ link: https://goo.gl/vqAmvr
- Facebook link: https://goo.gl/tui98A
- Youtube link: https://goo.gl/mk7jfm
- Linkedin link: https://goo.gl/PrPgpB